There are a number of different ways of volunteering with us at Brixton Inclusive:
• Become a voluntary practitioner at our Friday evening sessions (you must be willing to complete an enhanced CRB check when starting with us).
• Volunteer with us in an office based capacity, either supporting us with our general administration or on project related work.
• Help us to fundraise – organise fundraising events, identify funders/donors or help us write funding bids and application forms!
• Help us with our marketing and publicity in the local community.
• Become a member of our Executive Committee – click here [link to committee information and downloads] for information about joining our Committee
Please note that a time commitment of three months is requested from all volunteers. If you volunteer at our evening sessions, there is a rota system in place so you would not necessarily be needed every Monday. However we do ask that you provide your availability in advance and keep to the commitments you make as it is essential we provide adequate and appropriate support for the children and young people we work with each week.
If you are not volunteering at sessions, your hours and schedules can be flexible although we do ask you let us know how often and how many hours per week/month you are able to contribute. This is because we are a small team and only in the office for one or two days a week. We want to ensure we are able to provide everyone volunteering for us with as much support as they need.
If you would like to volunteer with Brixton Inclusive, please click here to download a volunteer application form and return it to us together with an up to date CV to the following address:
We Are 336
336 Brixton Road
Or send it electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To read about the experience of being a volunteer practitioner with Brixton Inclusive, please click here.
Please note that you must be willing to undergo an enhanced CRB check if you are volunteering with us at our Monday evening sessions or if any of the project work you do with us involves children and young people.